For espresso machines and grinders, please keep all of the packing materials included with the initial shipment. This will be vital to prevent damage in transit should you need to send the machine in. Machines not shipped in original packing materials can lead to costly damages. Packing materials can be purchased at an additional cost if needed by contacting a member of our team.
If you do not have your original packing materials and prefer not to purchase them from us directly, we do recommend having your items packaged by a shipping service like UPS or FedEx, and insure the package to its full value in case of damage in transit.
Some Recommendations for Smart Packaging
It can be difficult to make specific recommendations as every item requires something a bit different to protect it on its journey, but here are some general rules of thumb!
NOTE: Whole Latte Love does not make any guarantees regarding this information. It is the sole responsibility of the Shipper to ensure that proper packaging is used and that contents are adequately and securely packed in a container, wrapped, and cushioned for transportation.
Best to Use:
- A double walled corrugated box certified to hold the weight of your machine. The certification can be found on the bottom of the box
- Strong shipping specific tape
- Double boxing with cushioning around the outside corners of the inner box - leaving about 1 1/2-2" of space between the two boxes otherwise (important for machines and grinders specifically)
- Large bubble wrap - ensure the items have plenty of cushioning materials inside of the box
- In general, you want the items to be supported so they do not move around too much, yet have a bit of give so they take the force of any hits the package takes in transit. The material should absorb the impact and not transfer the impact to the item(s).
- Craft tape
- Wrapping paper
- Packing peanuts
- Any receptacles to contain the items other than a standard shipping box