In this article, you'll find instructions and tips for resolving flow issues in your Gaggia Babila. If your Babila is having difficulty producing coffee or steam, review the instructions below.
Poor Or No Flow Or E05 Error
If you are not able to get water to flow through the machine at all, or if the machine displays an E05 code, then something is blocking water flow through the machine. This issue typically indicates the machine is not being cleaned on a regular basis. Make sure maintenance is done at least as often as is suggested with the recommended product. Once flow is restored, even if it is minimal flow, a descaling should be done immediately.
- The water tank is not seating properly.
- Please remove the tank and reinsert it firmly. Make sure there are no beans or debris beneath the water tank preventing it from seating flush with the machine.
- If you are using an AquaClean water filter in the machine then it might be blocking the flow of water.
- Try removing the water filter and using the machine without it. If the machine works without the water filter, then the filter was blocking the flow of water. Keep the filter out of the machine for the remaining steps.
- Debris has been drawn into the system from the water tank.
This kind of debris can get lodged in valves/water circuits and cause flow issues.
Perform the steps outlined in the check valve cleaning instructions attached at the bottom of this document.
- Your machine features an e-plus dial, which may be clogged with scale or coffee grinds.
- Restart the machine. When you hear the pump start vibrating start turning the dial back and forth over and over again. The e-plus dial is the knob located right above the coffee dispensing spout that controls how quickly coffee flows out of the spouts.
- If you have been able to restore some flow to the brew circuit, a brew unit cleaning cycle should be completed.
- The process can be found on pp. 49 of the machine manual.
- The machine may require a manual prime.
- You may be able to manually prime your machine by accessing the technicians menu on your machine, which will allow you to run the pumps without interruption from any error codes.
- NOTE: If water does not begin flowing within 30 seconds of activating the pump, shut the pump off to prevent it from burning out.
Download the attached document below for instructions on how to test the flow on your Gaggia Babila.