Troubleshoot leaking between portafilter and grouphead on Profitec Pro 800.
Leaking Between Portafilter & Grouphead
If your Profitec Pro 800 is leaking water or espresso between the portafilter and the group head, the seal in your group has been compromised. Refer to the steps below to service the group head on your machine.
If the grouphead leaks from the space in between the portafilter and the grouphead during brewing then the group gasket is either worn out or out of place. This gasket needs to be replaced typically every six months to a year.
- Use a flathead screwdriver to pull the shower screen down and off the machine. Looking at the grouphead from below there will be a lip on the shower screen. Gently pry on this lip with the screwdriver from different angles until the shower screen comes off. The group gasket may come off with the screen.
- Use a grouphead brush or an old toothbrush to brush down any dirt or coffee residues from the grouphead. Dipping the brush in a solution of hot water and backflushing powder will assist in removing residues.
- Soak the shower screen and filter baskets in a solution of hot water and Cafiza.
- Once everything is clean insert the shower screen into the group gasket securely.
- Press both the shower screen and gasket into the grouphead together. Then attach the portafilter firmly to secure these components into place.