If you are having difficulty with the automatic milk frothing carafe on your Gaggia Velasca Prestige, the carafe is blocked, spitting, or not producing foam, follow the instructions below to resolve the issues you’re experiencing.
Carafe Frothing Issues
- If there is nothing coming out of the carafe at all:
- Check the carafe to make sure it is securely attached to the machine and that the machine recognizes the carafe is in place. To ensure this, you can remove the carafe and re-insert it.
- Make sure the carafe is properly assembled. Inspect the parts to make sure none of them appear broken, damaged, or missing. There is a diagram of the carafe disassembly on pp. 19-20 of this machine’s user manual.
- The machine may not be producing steam because of a thermostat issue. If the machine gives an E15 error code, or it gets stuck heating up the steam circuit, then the machine will need to be repaired.
- If the carafe is spitting or not producing foam:
- A non-compatible milk is being used. The machine is designed for use with whole or 2% milk, so the best results will be achieved by using these varieties.
- Make sure the carafe is properly assembled. Inspect the parts to make sure none of them appear broken, damaged, or missing. Please see the video below for instructions on how to complete the manual carafe cleaning. The machine featured in the video is different, but the process for disassembling the carafe is identical.
How To Manually Clean a Gaggia Accademia Milk Carafe
- There is also a diagram of the carafe disassembly on pp. 19-20 of this machine's user manual.