Learn what to do if your Gaggia Classic Pro is leaking.
Machine Is Leaking
Was the machine exposed to freezing temperatures?
- If no, Move on to the next question.
- If yes, Was the water drained from the boiler before storage?
- If yes, move on to the next question.
- If no, Check to see if the boiler is cracked.
- In the rear of the machine, use a Philips head screwdriver to remove the two screws in the black plastic cover.
- Lift off the housing. The black plastic and stainless steel are attached and will come off in one piece. A crack in the boiler will be very noticeable.
- If it is not cracked, move on to the next question.
- If it is cracked: your boiler will need to be removed and replaced. The video below provides a tutorial on how to clean and rebuild a Gaggia aluminum boiler.
How To Clean and Rebuild a Gaggia Aluminum Boiler
Where is the water leaking from the machine? Is it leaking from the back of the machine?
- If yes, make sure both tubes are inside the water tank, instead of behind it. This is visible from the front of the machine.
- If no, contact customer service.