Troubleshoot steam issues on the Bezzera Strega from home.
Steam Not Heating
- If the machine is producing steam, but you think it's not producing enough steam, make sure that you are purging the line before frothing. To purge the line simply open the steam knob and let steam come through until it changes from mostly water to mostly steam. When steam leaves the boiler and hits the cold wand it is going to condense back into water. If you do not purge the line it will affect the way the steam wand froths.
- Give the machine sufficient time to heat up. A heating time of 20-30 minutes is recommended for prosumer style machines for it to be sufficiently heated for brewing. Make sure the portafilter is attached during heating.
- Make sure the heating indicator is on. If the heating indicator is not on, then the machine will not heat. Typically this light will be off if the machine is out of water or not able to fill the boiler.
- The pressure-stat may be set too low resulting in a lower brew temperature. Be cautious when adjusting the pressure-stat. Setting it too high can cause the machine to overheat, resulting in the pressure relief valve blowing off excess steam.
- The high limit switch may be tripped and needs to be reset.
- The heating element may be broken and may require replacement.