Troubleshoot a leaking group head on the Bezzera DUO DE by reading the steps below.
From The Group Head
If leaking is coming from the top of the group head, then there may be a loose component or a worn seal.
- First unplug the machine and let it cool down. The group head is actively heated, so sufficient time needs to be given for it to cool down in order to safely disassemble it.
- Check to see where the leaking is coming from. Page 9 of the machine's parts diagram shows a blowout view of this assembly.
- If the leaking is coming from between the upper plate (part 37) and the bottom plate (part 39), then the three allen screws may be loose, or there may be a bad gasket.
- First try tightening the three allen screws down. The allen screws are listed as part 36 on page 9 of the diagram.
- If tightening the screws does not resolve the leak then the gasket may be broken or dirty. Remove the screws; the group assembly will come off once these screws are removed, so hold the group from the bottom so it does not fall down.
- Separate the two plates; the gasket, listed as part 38 on the diagram, will be between them. Make sure it is clean and not damaged or broken. Replace the gasket if necessary.