Brew Not Heating
- Give the machine sufficient time to heat up. A heating time of 20-30 minutes is recommended for prosumer style machines for it to be sufficiently heated for brewing. Make sure the portafilter is attached during heating.
- The display should come on, with the brew and steam temperatures displayed. If they are displayed, you can go into programming and adjust the temperature to be hotter.
- If you are seeing NTC Brew boiler error on the screen this is a communication error between the temperature probe and the control board. The brew boiler is the more slender of the two boilers. You can remove the housing of the machine and follow the wiring to the control board, which will be on the front left side of the machine. Remove the cover to the board and see if any wiring is loose, particularly the one that leads to the temperature probe in the brew boiler. You can try removing and reinserting the wire to ensure a tight fit.
Below you will see a closeup of the terminal that plugs into the control board. It should have the 2 metal prongs visible. If one of them is loose or not present, the probe will need to be replaced.
- The high limit switch may be tripped and needs to be reset. Instructions for resetting the high limit switch can be found in the document attached at the end of this article.
- The heating element may be broken and may require replacement.