Learn how to clean and lubricate the brew group on the Gaggia Magenta Plus, including how to clean the brew group with cleaning tablets.
Note: Do not wash the brew group in the dishwasher and do not use dishwashing detergents, since they may cause the malfunctioning of the brew group and alter the coffee flavor.
Cleaning the brew group under running water
1. Clean the coffee outlet duct thoroughly with a spoon handle or with another round-tipped kitchen utensil.
2. Rinse the brew group and the coffee residues drawer thoroughly with lukewarm water. Carefully wash the upper filter.
3. Let the brew group air dry. To avoid the build-up of fibers in its interior, do not dry the brew group with cloth.
Cleaning the Brew Group with Cleaning Tablets for the Removal of Oily Coffee Residues
Note: It is strongly recommended that you use Gaggia cleaning tablets to remove oily coffee residues.
1. Place a container under the coffee dispensing spout.
2. Press the Clean/Set button and select the "CLEAN" button shown on the display.
3. Select "BREW GROUP CLEANING" and press the "" button, then press Start/Stop to start the cleaning procedure.
4. Follow the instructions shown on the display to clean the brew group correctly.
5. The procedure will take approximately 5 minutes. Start/Stop can be used to pause and resume the procedure.
Lubricating the Brew Group
In order to ensure the perfect performance of the machine, it is necessary to lubricate the brew group. Refer to the following table for the frequency of lubrication.
|Frequency of Use||Number of Beverages Prepared Daily||Lubrication Frequency|
|Low||1-5||Every 4 months|
|Regular||6-10||Every 2 months|
1. Turn off the appliance and disconnect the power cord.
2. Remove the brew group and rinse it using lukewarm water — see the “Cleaning the Brew Group with Cleaning Tablets for the Removal of Oily Coffee Residues” section of this article above.
3. Apply a thin layer of the lubricant provided around the insertion pin on the lower part of the brew group.
4. Apply a thin layer of lubricant to the guides, on both sides (see next two images).
5. Reinsert the brew group — refer to this machine's “How to Remove and Reinsert the Brew Group” article.
Note: You can apply the same lubricant tube multiple times.