We recommend using the INTENZA+ water filter to limit limescale formation. This ensures a longer operating life of your machine and a better coffee aroma over time. Water is an essential element in brewing coffee. Therefore, it is extremely important that water is always filtered adequately. The INTENZA+ water filter prevents the formation of mineral deposits, improving the quality of the water.
1. Immerse the INTENZA+ water filter in cold water, in a vertical position and with the opening facing upwards. Press both sides of the filter gently to let air bubbles out.
2. Remove the INTENZA+ water filter from the water. Set the machine according to the detected water hardness — see this machine's "How to Measure Water Hardness" article. On the filter base, set one of the following:
- A = soft water — 1 or 2 small squares
- B = hard water (standard) — 3 small squares
- C = very hard water — 4 small squares
3. Place the INTENZA+ filter in the water tank, ensuring it is correctly positioned. Refill the water tank and place it back in its housing.
- Press the Clean/Set button and then the "SETTINGS" button.
- Select "WATER FILTER“ and press the "" button.
- Select "ACTIVATE" and follow the instructions on the display to activate the filter correctly.
Note: You can pause the filter activation procedure by pressing the Start/Stop button. To resume the filter activation procedure, press the Start/Stop button again.