Learn how to dispense frothed milk based coffee beverages with the Gaggia Magenta Prestige, as well as how carry out the quick cleaning procedure of the milk circuit after each use.
Before selecting a milk, frothed milk or coffee-based beverage, make sure that the milk carafe is installed and the milk dispensing spout is open. If the milk carafe is not correctly installed, the milk dispensing spout may spray steam or hot milk.
Note: use only cold milk (at a temperature of 5°C approx.) and with at least a 3% protein content so as to obtain a perfect milk foam. You can use either whole milk or semi-skimmed milk. Alternatively, you can use skimmed, soy or lactose-free milk.
1. Pull out the milk dispensing spout to the right up to the icon. If the milk dispensing spout has not been pulled all the way out, milk may not be properly frothed.
2. Place a cup under the open milk dispensing spout.
3. Press the Home button and choose the desired beverage from the menu.
- Press the button corresponding to the desired beverage.
- Press the Start/Stop button to start dispensing the selected beverage.
4. The machine dispenses a default amount of coffee and frothed milk into the cup or the glass. Depending on the beverage chosen, either coffee or frothed milk will be dispensed first.
5. After each preparation of frothed milk based and coffee beverages, it is best to carry out the quick cleaning procedure of the milk circuit within 10 seconds. However, the procedure can also be carried out later by accessing the cleaning menu via the Clean/Set button. Press the “CLEAN“ button and select the "QUICK CLEAN” option. Then press the "" button and follow the instructions shown on the display. It is recommended you clean your machine via the quick clean procedure at least once a day.
6. Press the Start/Stop button to confirm, or "" to carry out the procedure later.