Troubleshoot lack of steam on Quick Mill Arnos.
There Is No Steam Coming Out When I Open the Steam Knob
If there is no steam coming out of the steam wand on your Quick Mill Arnos, there are several things you can do to determine the cause. Follow the steps below to determine why your machine isn’t producing steam from the steam wand.
First, make sure that the hot water valve works, and the issue has been isolated to just the steam side of the machine.
Check your steam gauge. Is it showing approx. 1.2 bars of pressure?
- Yes. Remove the tip from the steam wand. Open the valve. Is there steam coming out of the steam arm?
- Yes. If flow is restored then the tip needs to be cleaned and reattached. Mineral deposits and milk debris can easily collect in the holes of the steam tip, so be sure to clean these thoroughly. Soaking the tip in a solution of hot water and backflushing powder will help remove residues more effectively.
- Yes. Make sure the teflon “no burn” tube that is inside of the steam arm, is not sticking out too far. It can block the holes of the steam tip. You can push this back up into the wand. You can also trim a little bit of the tubing off at the end, on an angle. This will prevent it from blocking off the holes in the steam tip.
- No. There may be a blockage in the steam arm. Clean the wand by using a pipe brush that has synthetic or plastic bristles; metal bristles can damage the wand. Then soak the wand in a solution of hot water and dish soap. Backflushing powders should not be used due to the chemicals, which can cause a reaction that will strip or change certain metals different colors, especially if any type of coating is missing.
- No. Allow the machine to cool, remove the housing, remove the copper pipe off the back of the steam valve and check for a blockage if no blockage is present in the valve or the end of the pipe, a blockage is present on the boiler side. Should be sent in for repair/descale of the hydraulic system.
How To Diagnose Espresso Machine Hot Water or Steam System Obstructions