The Gaggia Classic Pro and Evo Pro are high end machines. Before using them, it's important to understand how to properly set up and maintain your machine. Doing so will not only result in better espresso, but in a longer lifetime for your machine and its parts.
This article is designed to help you learn all you need to know to use and maintain your Gaggia Classic Pro or Evo Pro machine—and start making high quality specialty drinks.
How to Set Up and Use Your Machine
- Initial Set Up and Use
- Brewing and Steaming
- Indicator Lights, Switches and the Portafilter
- Force Prime Your Pump (for if your pump runs but no water is flowing)
How to Clean and Maintain Your Machine
- Cleaning, Backflushing, and Descaling
- Removing and Servicing Shower Screen and Group Head Components
Brewing and Steaming Techniques
- Basic Brewing and Milk Steaming
- Beginner's Guide to Steaming Milk and Pouring Latte Art
- Fixing your Espresso Extractions (for if your espresso runs too fast or too slow, or if there are other issues with the extraction process)
- 6 Common Milk Frothing Mistakes
- Barista Tools for Consistency
We have many articles and videos to help you dive in as deep as you want. Please visit the Gaggia Classic Product Support page for more helpful information.