Learn what to do if you are not able to get water to flow through your Gaggia Velasca or if the machine displays an E05 error code, as well as how to resolve flow issues such as difficulty producing coffee or steam.
Poor Or No Flow Or E05 Error
If you are not able to get water to flow through the machine at all, or if the machine displays an E05 code, then something is blocking water flow through the machine. This issue typically indicates the machine is not being cleaned on a regular basis. Make sure maintenance is done at least as often as is suggested with the recommended product. Once flow is restored, even if it is minimal flow, a descaling should be done immediately.
- The water tank is not seating properly.
- Please remove the tank and reinsert it firmly. Make sure there are no beans or debris beneath the water tank preventing it from seating flush with the machine.
- If you are using an Intenza water filter in the machine then it might be blocking the flow of water.
- Try removing the water filter and using the machine without it. If the machine works without the water filter, then the filter was blocking the flow of water. Keep the filter out of the machine for the remaining steps.
- Debris has been drawn into the system from the water tank.
- This kind of debris can get lodged in valves/water circuits and cause flow issues. Try cleaning the brew unit check valve using the instructions attached below.
- If you have been able to restore some flow to the brew circuit, a brew unit cleaning cycle should be completed.
- Steps on how to complete this process can be found on pp. 15 of this machine's user manual.
- The machine may require a manual prime.