No Steam Or E15 Error
If your Gaggia Accademia is not producing steam, has difficulty steaming, or is showing an E15 error message on the display, review the following instructions.
- If the carafe is working properly, but the steam wand is not, try cleaning the wand.
- If the steam wand works, but the carafe does not, try cleaning the milk carafe.
- If the machine gives an E15 error or is stuck on the heating up screen, then the machine’s thermostat is damaged and will require repair.
- If temperatures are not hot enough for the carafe there are a few things to try.
- The carafe may in fact be operating properly. The carafe was designed for use with a room temperature boxed milk. The machine is programmed to produce a temperature rise of 50-70 F°. Typical ending temperatures are around 125-135 F°. However, this is completely dependent on the starting temperature of the milk being used. If the milk is stored in a very cold refrigerator (e.g. a 33 F° refrigerator) the resulting temperature will only be about 100-110 F°. For hotter milk drinks, start with warmer milk, either by leaving it out for a little bit before making your beverage, or putting the milk in the microwave for about 10 seconds prior to adding it to the milk carafe.
- There are a few programming options which can be changed in order to increase the amount of steam that is injected into the carafe during frothing. Make sure the milk drink options are programmed to the highest temperature. This will also help to set the foam and milk options to max.