This article will show you how to diagnose why your Gaggia Classic in not powering on, not heating or tripping your circuit breaker
In it we will cover the the following:
- First Things to check
- Review the "Trouble Shooting Heating Issues" Video below
- Brew and Steam Thermostats
- Thermal Fuse
First Things to check
- Make sure the plug is firmly seated into the back of the machine.. Shove it in further, wiggle and push it. One main reason you may not have power is that the cord is loose.
- Make sure you are testing the machine on a NON-GFCI outlet, and that you are NOT using a power strip or power conditioner between your machine and the plug.
- Next, try using the machine on a different outlet, preferably in another room, just to rule out the outlet as a potential cause of the issue.
- If you are tripping the circuit breaker the machine will need to come in for repair: Set up a Repair
Trouble Shooting Heating Issues
Brew and Steam Thermostats Replacement
Thermal Fuse Replacement
Classic Pro and Evo Pro
Older Gaggia Classic
Failure of normal wear and tear items such as group gaskets, seals and shower screens are not covered under warranty. Issues due to scale build up or lack of maintenance are not covered.
If you would like to have one our skilled technicians repair your machine, click the link below.