Learn what to do if your Gaggia Babila is producing cold espresso shots or coffee, or if it is displaying an E14 error code on the display.
Cold Shots or E14 Error
- If the machine is producing shots that are hot, but you would like them to be hotter, check the beverage programming menu.
- Make sure all of the drinks are set to brew at the highest temperature.
- Make sure you are using a preheated cup.
- Ceramic cups will sap a lot of heat from the shot resulting in a colder shot. Preheating the cups using the machine's hot water function will allow the cup a great deal more heat. Alternatively, you can brew into a paper, Styrofoam, or other well insulated cup. The video below explains the importance of a pre-heated cup during espresso brewing:
Brew Temperature Comparison: Pre-heated vs. Room Temp Espresso Cups
- If the shots are completely cold, or the machine is displaying an E14 error code, then there is a thermostat issue.
- Try restarting the machine to resolve the issue. If the error code continues to appear, then the thermostat is damaged and the machine will need to be repaired.