Learn what to do if you're having difficulty frothing or steaming with the milk carafe, getting no milk from the carafe, or if the carafe is spitting or not producing foam on your Gaggia Babila.
Carafe Frothing Issues
If there is nothing coming out of the carafe at all
- Check the carafe to make sure it is securely attached to the machine and that the machine recognizes the carafe is in place. To ensure this, you can remove the carafe and re-insert it.
- Make sure the carafe is properly assembled. Inspect the parts to make sure none of them appear broken, damaged, or missing. There is a diagram of the carafe disassembly on pp.43-45 of this machine’s manual PDF.
- The machine may not be producing steam because of a thermostat issue. If the machine gives an E15 error code, or it gets stuck heating up the steam circuit, then the machine will need to be repaired.
If the carafe is spitting or not producing foam
- The machine is set to a low froth setting. Check the machine settings to make sure it is set to the maximum froth. There is also a milk setting, which should also be set to max. Press the list icon, followed by the check to enter the Beverage Menu. From there, you can select your different drink options and adjust their specific qualities.
- A non-compatible milk is being used. The machine is designed for use with whole or 2% milk, so the best results will be achieved by using these varieties.
- Make sure the carafe is properly assembled. Inspect the parts to make sure none of them appear broken, damaged, or missing. Please see the video below for instructions on how to complete the manual carafe cleaning for the Gaggia Babila and Accademia.