Learn what to do if your Gaggia Babila won't turn on, has no power, or isn't heating up like it should.
Machine Not Heating Or Powering On
Make sure the machine is plugged into an appropriate power source.
- Do not use the machine on a surge protector. This machine has a high power draw, more than a typical kitchen appliance such as a refrigerator or a microwave. Surge protectors are typically not rated to handle the amperage this machine requires.
- Make sure the power cord is firmly inserted into the power socket on the machine.
- Try using the machine on a different outlet, and make sure the machine is the only appliance plugged into that outlet.
- Try testing another appliance on the same outlet.
Make sure the power switches are functioning properly and not broken.
- If the machine isn't powering on, try pressing and holding the power button in the on position to see if the machine turns on. If you are able to power the machine in this way then the power switch needs to be replaced.
If the machine recently had a leak, had water spilled on it, or any other exposure to moisture then the machine may be shorting out.
- Try letting the machine sit unplugged for 48 hours to make sure there isn't a short caused by moisture.