Troubleshoot low steam pressure issues on the ECM Synchronika.
Steam Pressure is Low
If you're trying to use your ECM Synchronika, and you find that the steam power is too low or insufficient for steaming or frothing, review the following to troubleshoot the issue.
Can you trust that the gauge is working and reliable?
- Does it drop to 0 when the machine is completely cooled?
- While steaming?
- The steam gauge is going to drop from 1.2 to .8 on average, when the steam knob is opened. This is normal.
- Has the machine had about 30 minutes to fully come to heat?
- Yes. Move on to the next suggestion.
- No. Leave the machine on for a 30 minutes to let it come to temp.
- Also make sure the switch in the front of the machine behind the drip tray is switched in. It is the switch on the right hand side and it should be pressed in towards the right side of the machine.
- Try adjusting the PID.
How To Program PID on a Profitec Pro 700
- Remove steam tip, hold up to the light and inspect for partial blockage from debris, old milk etc. Clean if necessary.
- Make sure the Teflon “no burn” tube that is inside of the steam arm is not sticking out too far. It can block the holes of the steam tip. You can push this back up into the wand.