Learn what to do when a Bezzera Unica espresso machine is leaking from the steam wand or hot water tap.
- If either wand is leaking from the end of the wand, it means the steam/hot water valve is not fully closed.
- Make sure the knob is securely in the closed position.
- If the knob feels loose, or doesn't appear to be properly engaging, then there may be a loose or broken part in the knob assembly.
- Descale the machine. Scale buildup inside of the steam/hot water valves will prevent the valves from closing fully.
- If the leaking persists, then the corresponding valve may need to be replaced.
- If the wand is leaking between the tip and the arm of the wand during use, there is an O-ring that is broken, missing, or out of position. Remove the tip on the wand that is leaking. The steam wand will have an O-ring between the tip and the wand. Inspect the O-ring to make sure it is clean. Replace the O-ring if it is damaged or broken.
- If the wand is leaking from the ball joint, then there may be an O-ring that is worn out or out of position.