Learn what to do when a Bezzera Strega espresso machine is leaking from between the portafilter and group head.
If the group head leaks from the space in between the portafilter and the group head during brewing then the group gasket is either worn out or out of place. This gasket needs to be replaced typically every 6 months to a year.
- Use a flathead screwdriver to pull the shower screen down and off the machine. Looking at the group head from below there will be a lip on the shower screen. Gently pry on this lip with the screwdriver from different angles until the shower screen comes off. The group gasket may come off with the screen.
- Use a group head brush or an old toothbrush to brush down any dirt or coffee residues from the group head. Dipping the brush in a solution of hot water and backflushing powder will assist in removing residues.
- Soak the shower screen and filter baskets in a solution of hot water and Cafiza.
- Once everything is clean insert the shower screen into the group gasket securely.
- Press both the shower screen and gasket into the group head together. Then attach the portafilter firmly to secure these components into place.