If your Gaggia Velasca Prestige is having problems with brewing or water flow, or is displaying an E05 error, the instructions below can be used to diagnose and correct the issue.
Poor Or No Flow Or E05 Error
If you are not able to get water to flow through the machine at all, or if the machine displays an E05 code, then something is blocking water flow through the machine. This issue typically indicates the machine is not being cleaned on a regular basis. Make sure maintenance is done at least as often as is suggested with the recommended product. Once flow is restored, even if it is minimal flow, a descaling should be done immediately.
- The water tank is not seating properly.
- Please remove the tank and reinsert it firmly. Make sure there are no beans or debris beneath the water tank preventing it from seating flush with the machine.
- If you are using an Intenza water filter in the machine then it might be blocking the flow of water.
- Try removing the water filter and using the machine without it. If the machine works without the water filter, then the filter was blocking the flow of water. Keep the filter out of the machine for the remaining steps.
- Debris has been drawn into the system from the water tank.
- This kind of debris can get lodged in valves/water circuits and cause flow issues. Try cleaning the brew unit check valve using the instructions listed in the document attached at the end of this article.
- If you have been able to restore some flow to the brew circuit, a brew unit cleaning cycle should be completed.
- The process can be found on pp. 16 of this machine's user manual.
- The machine may require a manual prime.
No Flow From Steam Wand
Flow issues and blockages are typically due to lack of maintenance or excessive scale buildup.
- First set the machine to hot water mode.
- If the machine has a pannarello or turbo-frothing attachment on the wand remove it for the remaining steps.
- If the machine displays an E15 error code, or the machine gets stuck on the heating up screen, then there is a thermostat issue and the machine will need to be repaired.
- You should hear the pump start to vibrate. Once the pump is activated, hot water should begin to flow through the wand, however:
- If hot water flows through the wand, stop the machine from dispensing hot water and switch to steam mode. There may have been a piece of debris in the steam wand blocking the flow.
- If water does not flow through the wand then there may be a more severe blockage.
- Soak the wand in a mixture of descaler and hot water. Test flow using the hot water function again.
- Use a pipe cleaner to manually clean the inside of the wand.
- Only use a pipe cleaner with synthetic or plastic bristles; do not use one with metal bristles as it can damage the wand. Test the flow again.