Machine Has No Power
If you're trying to use your Gaggia Classic Pro, but it will not turn on or power on, review the following to resolve the issue.
When did you receive this machine?
- Whether new or old, move on to the next question.
NOTE: The age of the machine is always important to know when troubleshooting.
Was it shipped, transported, or moved recently?
- If no, move on to the next question.
- If yes, it probably has a loose wire from transport. To check:
- In the rear of the machine, use a Philips head screwdriver to remove the two screws in the black plastic cover.
- Lift off the housing. The black plastic and stainless steel are attached and will come off in one piece.
- Check the socket where the power cord meets the machine, and make sure the two wires are attached and have not come loose or disconnected.
Did you make sure the power cable is firmly pushed into the socket located in the back of the machine?
- If yes, try another power cord, if possible.
- If this does not resolve the issue, continue to the next question.
Have you plugged another appliance into the outlet to see if the outlet has power?
- If the other appliance works when plugged in, your machine’s fuse may have blown and needs to be replaced. Check out the video below for a guide on how to replace a thermal fuse:
How to Replace the Thermal Fuse