Learn what to do when the Gaggia Cadorna Barista Plus is not producing steam from the steam wand, as well as how to restore flow.
No Flow From Steam Wand
- First set the machine to hot water mode.
- If the machine has a pannarello or turbo-frothing attachment on the wand remove it for the remaining steps.
- If the machine gets stuck on the heating up screen, then there is a thermostat issue and the machine will need to be repaired.
- If the machine displays an E15 error code, or the machine gets stuck on the heating up screen, then there is a thermostat issue and the machine will need to be repaired.
- You should hear the pump start to vibrate. Once the pump is activated, hot water should begin to flow through the wand, however:
- If hot water flows through the wand, stop the machine from dispensing hot water and switch to steam mode. There may have been a piece of debris in the steam wand blocking the flow.
- If water does not flow through the wand then there may be a more severe blockage.
- Soak the wand in a mixture of descaler and hot water. Test flow using the hot water function again.
- Use a pipe cleaner to manually clean the inside of the wand.
- Only use a pipe cleaner with synthetic or plastic bristles; do not use one with metal bristles as it can damage the wand. Test the flow again.