In this article, you'll find instructions and tips for resolving flow issues in your Gaggia Anima Prestige. If your Anima Prestige is having difficulty producing coffee or steam, review the instructions below.
Poor Or No Flow Or E05 Error
If you are not able to get water to flow through the machine at all, or if the machine displays an E05 code, then something is blocking water flow through the machine. This issue typically indicates the machine is not being cleaned on a regular basis. Make sure maintenance is done at least as often as is suggested with the recommended product. Once flow is restored, even if it is minimal flow, a descaling should be done immediately.
- The water tank is not seating properly.
- Please remove the tank and reinsert it firmly. Make sure there are no beans or debris beneath the water tank preventing it from seating flush with the machine.
- If you are using an Intenza water filter in the machine then it might be blocking the flow of water.
- Try removing the water filter and using the machine without it. If the machine works without the water filter, then the filter was blocking the flow of water. Keep the filter out of the machine for the remaining steps.
- Debris has been drawn into the system from the water tank.
- This kind of debris can get lodged in valves/water circuits and cause flow issues. Use the instructions attached below to clean the brew unit check valve.
- If you have been able to restore some flow to the brew circuit, a brew unit cleaning cycle should be completed.
- The process can be found on pages 17 - 19 of this machine’s PDF manual.
- The machine may require a manual prime.
Check out the video below for a tutorial on how to access your machine’s technicians menu so that you can get water flowing through the machine. This process will work for both the Anima and Anima Prestige espresso machines.