Troubleshoot loud pump on Expobar Brewtus IV.
My rotary pump is really loud!
If the rotary pump in your Expobar Brewtus IV is excessively loud, refer to our instructions below to diagnose the issue.
Is the machine plumbed in?
- Yes. Move on to the next question.
- No. The rotary pump is designed to have water pressure build up against it. If it is drawing water out of a bucket, it may be slightly louder than if it were plumbed in. This is normal.
- No. You can try raising the water source to be level or higher than the machine. For example, if you have the line going into a bucket, put it on the counter instead of the floor.
Is the pump drawing water?
- If no water is being drawn the pump will be louder. Try priming the machine if water is not being drawn in.
Inspect the area around the pump
- Make sure nothing is touching and vibrating off the pump make it appear as loud.
Inspect the nuts on the underside of the machine to ensure they are tight, but not too tight.
- If the nuts are loose it will cause the pump motor to be loud from movement.
- If you tighten the nuts and tighten them too much it will cause the pump to be loud due to not being able to adequately absorb the vibration, or the mount will rip.
- If There are no visible signs of anything being loose, the pump is drawing water, and the machine is functioning fine but the pump is too loud. The bearings within the pump may be failing due to wear and tear, etc. Replace.
My vibration pump is really loud!
It is possible that if the Vibration pump within the machine is loud. This is due to either the pump slipping out of one of the mounts, or the screw has come out of the mount and the motor is moving around. One of the rubber mounts may be ripped, or if the machine is older the mounts could be dried out and hard, causing them to make the machine louder due to not being able to absorb the vibration well. These can all be visually inspected.
- The pump also may be on its way to failure. This is not always the case but it can be one of the symptoms of a failing pump. Run the vibration pump pressure testing to determine if the pump is displaying any other signs of failure.