Learn how to diagnose and troubleshoot leaks on the Gaggia Classic Pro and Gaggia Classic.
Below we will review leaks that are coming:
- During Brewing
- Steam wand
- All other leaks
Leaks During Brewing
If you are having a problem with coffee or water leaking around the outside of the portafilter or spraying out of the spouts, there could be several causes.
- Overfilling Your Filter Basket
- Too much coffee in the filter basket will prevent you from tightening the portafilter all the way, which means the filter basket won't be able to seal properly against the gasket.
- If you think you might be overfilling your filter basket, here's how to test: fill your basket with coffee as you normally would (including tamping it down), and put the handle into the machine. Then pull it out. You should just barley see the indentation of the screw in the flat surface of the coffee.
- Coffee Sprays Through the Spouts
- Leaks through the Steam Valve:
For all other leaks see the video below:
Gaggia Classic: Troubleshoot Leaks
- Failure of normal wear and tear items such as group gaskets, seals and shower screens are not covered under warranty. Issues due to scale build up or lack of maintenance are not covered.
If you would like to have one our skilled technicians repair your machine, click the link below.