Learn how to clean out the buttons on a Gaggia Brera when they are stuck.
When the buttons are sticking on a Gaggia Brera, the most common cause of is that the button and its switch are stuck due to build up of dust and/or coffee oils, etc. There is a quick and easy home fix for this that does not require any technical knowledge. Here are the steps:
- Empty the water reservoir, bean container and remove the drip tray.
- Unplug the machine and remove the power cord from the back of the machine.
- Lay the machine on its back.
- Take a very damp rag with rubbing alcohol and rub it over the switches.
- Allow the rubbing alcohol to seep around the switch and onto the contacts.
- Push the button in and out multiple times to clean it out and loosen it up.
- Repeat as necessary to free it up.
If the above steps do not resolve the issue, then the machine will have to come in for repair as this is not a repair that can be done at home.
For additional support now or in the future, check out the rest of our Gaggia Brera Support Library.